Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding

It's ridiculous how easy this pudding is to make. You can make so many different flavours, and the toppings you can put on are endless.

The first time I made chia pudding, I made a blended version. The texture was gloppy, and my kids didn't like it.

This time I decided to go with an un-blended version, and it was much better! I will leave out the cinnamon next time, because I found it too over-powering.

For the blended version, you basically add everything to a blender. Dana (Minimalist Baker) says you can add dates to sweeten the blended version if you wish.

For the un-blended version, you're simply not going to blend the mixture.



Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Adapted from Minimalist Baker  
Makes 4 Servings

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (I used homemade almond milk)
  • 1/3 cup chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • toppings of choice (I used fresh berries)
Directions
  1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk. You can use a fork, just be sure to break up any clumps of chia seeds before you transfer to your airtight glass container.
  2. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours so the chia seeds can absorb the liquid. Consume within 3 days.
Other chia pudding recipes I want to try:

MAPLE WALNUT CHIA SEED PUDDING 
CREAMY PUMPKIN SPICE CHIA PUDDING 
CHOCOLATE AND RASPBERRY CHIA PUDDING 4 WAYS 
MANGO CHIA PUDDING 
LEMON CURD CHIA PUDDING 
CREAMSICLE CHIA PUDDING 
PINA COLADA CHIA PUDDING  
BANANA CREAM CHIA PUDDING 

Comments

Popular Posts