Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Quinoa & Black Bean Salad

This is my lunch for the next 2 days. I divided the salad into 2 glass containers and packaged the dressing separately. The sweetness of the raisins is actually really nice. You could also add corn kernels, chopped avocado, and cumin powder to change things up a bit. Cilantro would have been nice, but I didn't have any.


Quinoa & Black Bean Salad
Makes 2 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1 cup cooked black beans
  • 1/4 cup diced cucumber
  • 1/4 cup shredded carrot
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (I used mint)
  • handful of raisins or dried currents
  • 2 lemons, juiced
  • 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
  • salt
  • pepper
  • chili sauce to taste
Directions
  1. Combine the quinoa, beans, cucumber, carrots, tomato, scallions, herbs and raisins with a fork. 
  2. Combine the lemon juice, oil, tomato paste, salt, pepper and chili sauce in a little jar and shake it.
  3. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  4. Combine the salad with the dressing just before serving. 

Comments

Popular Posts