Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Swimming Peeps Jello Cups

I made these really cute Jello cups for the kids this year for Easter. They were a huge hit! All of their mouths were blue after, but they loved them.

The Peeps came in a pack of 10, so I made 10 Jello cups. It took 2 packets of Jello. I used plastic cups, but you could use glass if you're sure they won't end up falling on the floor. One of mine did so I'd still recommend plastic.



Swimming Peeps Jello Cups
From The First Year
Makes 10 Servings

Ingredients
  • 2 packets of blue Jello
  • 1/2 a tub of frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • blue liquid food colouring
  • 10 Peeps
Directions
  1. Prepare the Jello according to package directions and divide among 10 plastic cups.
  2. Refrigerate for several hours until set.
  3. Mix the whipped topping with a few drops of blue food colouring. I think I used about 10 drops. I used a plastic zipper bag with the tip cut off to pipe the topping into the cups.
  4. Place one Peep on top of each and press down slightly. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Comments

Popular Posts