Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Dutch Baby

This is something I've been meaning to try for a long time now. I like sugar. That's my problem in life.

Since I don't have a cast iron pan, I used a round cake pan and hoped for the best. The texture was a little chewy in the middle. I've never had a Dutch baby before, so I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, but it didn't bother me at all. I still ate most of it myself!

Have you ever had a Beaver Tail? If you're Canadian, you probably have. Here's their Pinterest board. Mmm! It's basically a fried piece of dough with toppings of your choice. My favourite is the cinnamon-sugar with a squeeze of lemon, so that's what I did with the Dutch baby. As soon as it came out I sprinkled it with cinnamon sugar. I cut it into wedges and squeezed some lemon on it. Yum yum! The kids put syrup on theirs (of course).

Above: Topped with cinnamon-sugar and lemon juice. Yummy!


Above: You can see it collapsed a little.

Dutch Baby
From Morsels of Life
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon 2% milk
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • toppings of your choice (I used cinnamon sugar, lemon wedges and syrup for the kids)
Directions
  1. Preheat your pan in a 400F oven for 5-10 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, mix together the 1 tablespoon of butter, eggs, milk, sugar, flour, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined.
  3. Remove your pan from oven and swirl around remaining butter, covering the bottom of the pan. If you do use a pan with a handle, remember that the handle will be hot. I know it sounds like a silly reminder, but if you're like me, there's a chance your brain may be on a little break at that moment. Use an oven mitt.
  4. Gently pour the batter into hot pan, and then return pan to oven for 20 minutes more. CJ said not to open the oven, so I didn't.
  5. Remove the Dutch baby from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (or whatever you want). Slice it up and enjoy.

Comments

  1. I MIGHT just have to make it for breakfast! Thanks for sharing this with the SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to make one of these for a long time, great choice for SRC. As soon as the weather cools down again, I'll be trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dutch babies have been on my list to make but I also don't have a cast iron pan...another thing on my wish list! I'll have to try it with another pan until I get a cast iron one. I know my family would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a Dutch Baby it is always so special, this looks delicious. Thanks for sharing, this recipe is a great choice for the SRC!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this - it may be our fathers day breakfast! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dutch Baby is totally on my "want to try one day" list, but I've been waiting because I don't have a cast iron pan. But yours looks great, even in stainless steel, so I may just have to move it up!! :) Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never even heard of this before, but anything fluffy with cinnamon sugar sounds right up my alley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I love Dutch babies! Love the cinnamon sugar topping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Dutch Babies, the best pancake. Visiting from SRC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you enjoyed this Dutch Baby! I'm liking your toppings too. :) I was surprised at how good a little lemon juice tasted on top.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts