Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Flourless Chocolate Cake

I decided to try this flour-less chocolate cake, because it sounded quick and easy. It's very rich though, and should definitely be served with fresh berries to balance the sweetness. Add a berry to every bite for a little burst of sour and it's perfect. The texture of the cake is fudgy in case you were wondering.

My 6 year old loved it, but my 4 year old doesn't care for sweets, and only ate a few bites. Sometimes I wonder if she's really mine. 

Update 4.20.2020 : My 4 year old is almost 10 and can't stop eating sweets. Now I'm sure she's mine.





Flourless Chocolate Cake
Adapted from C Mom Cook
Makes 12 slices

Ingredients
  • 4 ounces chopped chocolate, (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375F and prepare an 8" round pan. I sprayed mine but you can line yours with parchment if you like. The cake popped right out with just a quick spray.
  2. Place the butter and chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave for about 45-60 seconds. You should be able to stir them together until they're smooth after that. Stir in the sugar.
  3. Beat the eggs in one at a time until incorporated, then add the vanilla.
  4. Sift in the cocoa powder and cinnamon (because cocoa can be lumpy), and stir until well combined.
  5. Pour batter into the pan and bake for 25 minutes. I turned the oven off and left it another 10 minutes because I was busy making spaghetti, and the middle wasn't perfectly set after 25.
  6. Allow the cake to cool (I just left it in the pan) before slicing. Don't forget the berries!

Comments

  1. What a great dessert! And it's so nice to have gluten-free options in case you need them. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect for a chocolate lover like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I'm in awe of Shelley's love of sourdough too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where was this recipe yesterday?!?! ;) I needed a Mothers' Day dessert!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thanks for the sweet words :) If you're interested in trying your hand at sourdough, absolutely let me know - I have plenty of starter to share! :) I'm so glad you enjoyed this cake (though shocked you have a child who doesn't eat sweets! That's unheard of around here!) and it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love flourless chocolate cake. Perfect and delicious dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Sounds great - and especially tasty with fresh berries on top. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts