Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Banana Chocolate Oat Muffins

Me again, finding yet another way to use up those ripe bananas.

My kids loved these. They called them brownies because they look and taste more like brownies than muffins.

You should also add this to your collection of recipes to make when you run out of eggs!

To make your own oat flour, pulse 3/4 cup of oats in a blender or food processor until it looks like flour. I got about 3/4 cups of oat flour out of it.




Banana Chocolate Oat Muffins
Adapted from The Tasty Cheapskate
Makes 9 muffins

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (1 medium)
  • 1 teaspoon oil
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 3/4 cup oat flour
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used milk)
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. In my experience, muffins with little fat in them like to stick to paper liners.  
  2. Mix all the wet ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the oat flour and sift the rest of the dry ingredients into the same bowl. I like to sift because there have been times when I got little lumps of baking soda in my baking and I don't like that. My cocoa powder was also a bit lumpy. Mix just until combined.
  3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
  5. Cool before serving.


Comments

  1. I made muffins this month too - yours look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you guys enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound delicious - and super healthy! And who wouldn't love a muffin that tastes like a brownie?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combination of banana and chocolate! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than a chocolate muffin this includes bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed preparing muffins using this chocolate muffin recipe even my kids helped me in preparing and finally prepared delicious muffins,Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts