Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Nutella Chip Cookies - Secret Recipe Club

The week, my daughter brought home a procedural writing assignment to do for school. I went searching for a recipe that would be easy enough for a 6 year old to help make and then write about. She’s only in grade 1 and she’s still learning how to spell, so any homework she brings  becomes homework for me, too. Of course, she couldn't bring in any samples because Nutella has nuts (and it’s a nut free school), so I ended up eating most of the cookies myself.

These turned out crispy but still slightly chewy in the middle.



Nutella Chip Cookies
Adapted from Learning Patience
Makes about 18 cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 and 1/3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (we used milk)
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone liner.
  2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
  3. Beat together the butter, Nutella and both sugars. I did it with a wooden spoon for about a minute because I'm too lazy to clean the mixer, but Corey suggests using the electric mixer for about 4 minutes. My cookies were still amazing.
  4. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for another minute until smooth.
  5. Now stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon just until combined, then add the chocolate chips.
  6. Use a large cookie scoop (or ice cream scoop) and place scoops of dough on the sheet. We did about 6 per sheet so they wouldn't bake together.
  7. Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden. The inside might look a little underdone but they will be perfect a few minutes after you remove them from the oven. Give them a minute on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. They won't last long.

Comments

  1. I have made nutella cookies before but never adding chips yummy great src post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nutella's my favorite thing but we don't have it at home because I have a nut allergic child. So instead I "enjoy it" by reading recipes instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, these sound yummy. Hope she did well on her assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nutella is marvelous in all sorts of baked goods, right? The cookies sound so delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you say 'nutella'?!? Sold. Nutella is a family favorite. I'll definitely try this out. Thanks for sharing with the SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all things nutella. These look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM. I kinda want to try these with Biscoff... :) And that's great that you could share the process with your daughter's school project - it's a perfect way to work together!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never used Nutella in cookies-yum! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts