Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Crepes

You can serve crepes with fresh fruit, Nutella or syrup, but my favourite way is to sprinkle some sugar on them, then roll them up. The blueberry sauce is also really nice. You can replace the blueberries in the recipe with any other type of berry. I love to add sliced oranges and strawberries to balance the sweetness of the sugar.


Crepes
Makes 8 crepes

Ingredients
For the Sauce
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon water
For the Crepes
  • 3/4 cup 2% milk
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted & cooled
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
Directions
  1. Start with the sauce. Place all the ingredients in a small pot and simmer over medium heat until it thickens slightly. I just let it cook the whole time I'm making the crepes.
  2. Whisk together all the ingredients for the crepes and set aside. 
  3. Heat a nonstick pan (or crepe pan if you have one), over medium heat. 
  4. I brush the pan with a little butter, then, quickly pour in 1/3 cup of the batter and swirl the pan. My crepes never turn out perfectly round. Does anybody really care? 
  5. When the surface of the crepe starts to look a little dry and the bottom has a little colour on it, you can attempt to flip it. I find that metal utensils slide under much easier than plastic ones, because the crepes can be a bit sticky. Be gentle, don't scratch your pan. Cook just for another minute then turn out onto a plate and repeat with the remaining batter. 
  6. Crepes look fancy, but they're easy. Give them a try next time. I prefer them over pancakes.



Comments

  1. I have never made crepes before but appear to be relatively simple. Need to get a crepe pan although I know you can use any flat pan if you are good at it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmm, crepes are more versatile than pancakes and so easy to make ahead and hold. Served flat, folded or rolled they are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great SRC choice! They look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I've actually never tried making crepes - I think I'd love them with Nutella. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, fancy. I love this pick and they look so good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another one of our family favorites! So glad you enjoyed the crepes. We'll have to try them with that blueberry sauce.
    Rebekah, crepes with Nutella is what my youngest son enjoyed most in France!!
    -Min
    The Bad Girl's Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great, I like dat chocolate cookies...!! thanks for this food guide.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts