Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Indonesian Pork

This Indonesian pork recipe was delicious! I didn't have any limes, so I used lemon, and I had no cilantro. I just happened to have everything else hanging around, though.

I covered my pan with a lid and cooked this on the stove instead of placing the pork in the oven. Sometimes I'm just lazy that way. It would have taken extra effort to dig the oven proof pan out of the cupboard (it's at the bottom of the pile). Then I'd have had to put it back after.



Indonesian Pork
Adapted from karmelowy.pl
(This blog is published in Polish, scroll down the pages for English)
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 lb pork tenderloin (or thick piece pork chops)
  • 1/4 cup apricot preserves
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
  • 1 lime (or 1/2 a lemon), juiced
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons avocado (or unflavoured) oil
  • 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped (optional)
Directions
  1. In a small bowl, whisk together the apricot preserves, garlic, coriander, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, peanut butter, lime juice, orange juice, crushed red pepper and black pepper. Try to get the mixture smooth.
  2. Place pork in bag with the marinade and squish it around a bit. Seal the bag and squeeze out the air. I refrigerated mine overnight.
  3. Over medium high, heat the oil in large non-stick pan. Sear the pork on all sizes for a few minutes per side. Mine could have browned a bit more but anyway. Once seared, cover he pan and continue to cook for about 15 minutes (turning once) or until cooked through. If you decided to dig out your oven proof pan, you can bake the pork at 375F instead. Let the meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
  4. The original recipe suggests that while the pork is in the oven, you can bring the marinade to a boil and let it thicken up a bit to make a sauce. But I just ended up drizzling the pan juices over the meat after I sliced it.
  5. Garnish with cilantro or parsley if you want to get fancy.
Looking for more PORK recipes? Click Here!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts