Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Pickled Vegetables

My mother-in-law served these up with dinner tonight. She made them about a week ago and they are so good! If you love pickled things, you'll love these. They have a little bite to them because of the jalapenos.

She doesn't know the measurements, but she did tell me what went into this beautiful jar. I guess it's just one of those recipes that you have to eyeball and hope for the best. I would guess it's probably 1:1 for the vinegar and water.



Pickled Vegetables

Ingredients
  • cauliflower, cut into bite-size chunks
  • celery, sliced
  • carrots, cubed
  • Persian cucumbers, sliced
  • garlic cloves
  • jalapenos, seeded (or not, it's up to you) and sliced
  • cider vinegar
  • boiling water
  • salt
Directions
  1. Place all the vegetables into the jar. Mix the vinegar, water and salt and pour over the vegetables to about 1/2" from the top of the jar. Seal it and let it sit in the cupboard for at least a week. My MIL says you don't have to refrigerate these ever. I probably will though. I tend to refrigerate most things after I open them, unless the label specifically tells me not to.
  2. I suppose if you wanted to make many jars, you should go through a canning process of some sort, but I'm not an expert on that. These would make a pretty awesome Christmas gift! Hmm. Maybe I need to do some research on this canning business.

Comments

Popular Posts