Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Pot Roast Quesadilla

Well I don't know about you, but I can only eat leftovers so many times in a row before I just can't take anymore. Leftovers aren't my favourite to begin with.

I made a roast in the slow cooker yesterday and we ate it for dinner. For lunch, I brought some to work. By dinner tonight, the thought of eating more roast was killing me, but I didn't want to waste it. Next time I'll buy a smaller roast. This thing was huge. 


Sure, you could make a pot pie or beef with noodles and gravy, but then I'd have had to make a crust or some gravy, and that seemed like too much effort. So I picked up a pack of tortillas and made some quesadillas instead. Easy!


You can use my favourite recipe for slow cooker pot roast, or make it your way.



Pot Roast Quesadillas

Makes however many servings you want.

Ingredients

  • 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 sweet bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • oil for cooking
  • BBQ sauce
  • leftover pot roast, cut into chunks
  • cheddar or provolone cheese, shredded or sliced
  • tortillas
Directions
  1. In a large pan over medium heat, saute your onions and peppers in the oil for 5 minutes or until golden. Stir in a squirt of BBQ sauce and set aside. Wash the pan. 
  2. Place a layer of the vegetable mixture onto a tortilla followed by some beef, then sprinkle with cheese. Place a second tortilla on top. For kids, you can just use one tortilla and fold it in half. 
  3. Place the pan over medium heat and cook the tortillas one side at a time until golden and the cheese inside is melted. Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream.

Comments

Popular Posts