Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Peanut Butter Cups

Milk chocolate and peanut butter is one of my favourite combinations!

I didn’t have parchment muffin liners, so instead I used a silicone muffin pan. It’s a jumbo size pan, so I made 6 instead of 12 peanut butter cups.

I found that there was too much filling in the original recipe, so next time I would cut the filling part of the recipe in half. I’ve written the recipe up with the reduced measurements for the filling.


Above: Spread the chocolate on the bottom of the muffin pan, and up the sides a little.

Above: Does yours look like this? Don't give up! 

Above: See, it came together. I told you it would.

Above: They popped right out of that silicone pan.

Above: Here you see the filling placed on top of the first layer of chocolate.



Peanut Butter Cups
Original recipe by Betcha Can’t Eat Just One
Makes 6 jumbo PB cups or 12 smaller ones

Ingredients
  • 1 ½ cups chopped chocolate (I used milk chocolate chips) 
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • ½ cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
  • pinch of salt
Directions
  1. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter for about 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
  2. Place about 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate mixture into each of the silicone muffin cups and spread it around the bottom and up the sides a bit. Place this into the freezer while you prepare the filling.
  3. Mix the rest of the peanut butter, sugar, graham crackers crumbs and salt in a bowl. I had to get in there with my hands after awhile and it came together much easier.
  4. Remove the muffin cups from the freezer and divide the filling among them. Press it down to even it out but leave a little space around the edges.
  5. Pour more chocolate over the tops and spread it until it reaches the edges. Place this back in the freezer for just a few minutes until the chocolate hardens.
  6. They should pop right out of the pan.
  7. That’s it, now you can eat it! Easy right?!

Comments

  1. Yum! I think I need to make these for my hubby for Valentines day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant get better than chocolate and peanut butter. great recipe.
    visiting from SRC group b

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet I couldn't eat just one - they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is 'Wow!' I've attempted homemade Snickers (hooray!) and Twinkies (unsuccessful), but never peanut butter cups. This is now on my to-do list. I typically cook in SRC's Group A, but had the opportunity to step in for Group B. I am enjoying exploring some new-to-me blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jumbo Peanut Butter Cups - I'm totally there. I bet I could eat them all myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore peanut butter and chocolate! I think I would probably eat the entire batch myself... but I still want to give this recipe a go. Great choice and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had your blog for the swap this month! Thank you for a great recipe. These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to SRC! Great first recipe pick. Maybe filled with biscoff or speculoos? nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, these look amazing! I would not be able to stop at one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to make these for my husband. PB cups are his favorite! Great cooking with you in the SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look awesome - can't beat chocolate and peanut butter! I may just have to try to make them with sunbutter and see if they work. Welcome to the SRC and great choice for your first month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM! Homemade Reese Peanut Butter Cups. Welcome to SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peanut butter cups are like my favorite dessert of all time. I don't know why I never thought to make these homemade. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jennifer,
    We love Peanut Butter Cups these look delicious.
    Happy Valentine Day!
    Miz Helen
    SRC Group B

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, these look ridiculously delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts