Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Peanut Butter Cookies with Milk Chocolate Chips

We made these delicious cookies as part of our Christmas Cookie selection this year. They were soft and chewy, and did I mention delicious? I froze some and once they were thawed, they were just as soft as the day they were made.

The recipe made a lot of cookies though! It says 24 but we got 70, and they weren't small either! Next time we'll definitely have to cut the recipe in half.

My cousin baked her little heart out this year, as you'll see in the images below. There were 3 of us baking this year and we had to send cookies home with everyone, but still couldn't get rid of them all. I dropped off a giant container of cookies to work a few days later, because I knew my co-workers would never say no to food. I wasn't there to see how it went though, because I was on vacation all week.




This is not all of it either! See below, Pavlina also made a few things to add to the collection.

I have already posted some of these recipes.
And I'll be working on posting some of the new recipes shortly.

Pavlina brought her Christmas Cake and a few other delicious treats! It took me days to be able to taste everything! I brought some home because there was no way I could taste everything on Christmas. I also made a cheesecake because I it's my mom's favourite.

Peanut Butter Cookies with Milk Chocolate Chips
Recipe from WebMD
Makes 70 cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone liner.
  2. Sift flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
  3. Beat butter with both sugars on medium speed for about 3 minutes until fluffy.
  4. Scrape down the bowl and then add the eggs one at a time, beating until combined.
  5. Add vanilla and peanut butter and beat again until combined.
  6. Add the flour mixture and beat on low just until combined.
  7. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the chocolate chips. You're supposed to chill it for a few hours now, but I must have missed that step. I'll leave that up to you.
  8. Using small cookie scoop or spoon, drop the dough on to the prepared cookie sheets and flatten slightly with your fingers.
  9. Bake for about 8 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. They will brown quickly so watch them. I had a few trays that I forgot about and they got a little darker.
  10. Let them sit on the pan for a few minutes until you're able to transfer them to the wire rack without breaking them. Cool completely before storing. I froze most of them right away.

Comments

Popular Posts