Monday, July 9, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies - 2 PointsPlus (Small Batch)

Okay, last night I finally broke down and joined Weight Watchers online. It's not cheap but it's for a good cause. Me! Now that I'm using WW Online, I no longer have to use other online tools to calculate the nutritional information for recipes. Since WW only provides the points value, I will no longer be providing the calorie count for recipes.

Anyway, I came up with these 2 point peanut butter cookies. They're not big but 2 or 3 of them are just enough to go with my evening coffee.

On their own, these cookies are 2 points each, but when I enter 2 servings (that's 2 cookies) it's 3 points. And 3 cookies is 5 points. I like it! So eat more cookies and save points! Lol!

These cookies are cakey in texture and not overly sweet. If you want sweeter cookies, feel free to add another 1/8 cup of sugar. BUT the points value will go like this: 1 cookie = 2Points, 2 cookies = 4Points and 3 cookies = 6Points.

And just in case you were wondering, 1/8 cup is 2 tablespoons. I just find it easier to measure in the measuring cup.





11 servings (1 cookie : 2 PointsPlus)

Ingredients
1/8 cup creamy peanut butter
1/8 cup granulated sugar plus 1 teaspoon
1/8 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (or other light butter/margarine)
1 egg white (or 1/8 cup liquid egg whites)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a nonstick pad.

In a bowl, cream together peanut butter, 1/8 cup sugar and butter until smooth. About 30 seconds will do. I used a wooden spoon.

Add the egg white and vanilla and beat another 30 seconds until smooth.

Sift in the flour and baking soda and combine with a rubber spatula, scraping the sides of the bowl.

Use a small cookie scoop and place the balls of batter about 1" apart on the lined cookie sheet. You could probably just get 10 cookies but I ended up with 11. Press a fork into the remaining teaspoon of sugar, and use the fork to flatten the cookies a little.

Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment