Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Individual Mocha Angel Food Cakes

This was such a nice little treat. I was baking some egg muffins for the next morning and decided I needed a little treat while I was at it, so I got creative with the angel food cake mix. 

The box says all you have to do is mix it with water, so why not mix it with other liquids? I’ve tried it with a can of pineapple and it was great! My raspberry puree was a bit of a flop and they were sticky inside, but the flavour was there. Maybe I just didn’t cook them long enough. I’ll have to try that one again.

There was actually a recipe inside the box for a mocha cake, so I adapted this recipe from there to make an individual cake. The box says that 1/12 of the mix is a serving, and each serving is 38grams. So to make 1 serving, I weighed 38grams. That’s a scant 1/3 cup of mix.




Individual Mocha Angel Food Cakes
Makes 1 serving

Ingredients
  • 38grams angel food cake mix (a scant 1/3 cup
  • ¼ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  • ¼ teaspoon instant coffee granules
  • 1 ½ tablespoons water
  • ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chips
  • Sprinkles (optional)
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400F and spray a ramekin with cooking spray.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the cake mix and cocoa.
  3. Mix together the coffee, water and vanilla until the coffee is dissolved. I did this in a little shot glass.
  4. Combine the dry mix with the wet and pour into the prepared ramekin. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm. It shouldn’t be sticky. Place the chocolate chips on top and leave it in the oven for another minute. Once you remove the cake, you can spread the melted chocolate chips over the top. Add sprinkles if you like.
  5. Allow to cool before serving. It came out of the ramekin no problem.
  6. I’m going to try making lemon poppy seed sometime this week so stay tuned to see how it goes. And my friend is going to make it with canned peaches tonight. I may not get a picture of hers to share, but if she reports back to me that it worked, I’ll buy a can of peaches and try it myself.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts