Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Individual Lemon Angel Food Cakes

So far I’ve used a few different liquids with the boxed angel food cake mix. Pineapple is good, raspberry was a flop, mocha was tasty and lemon was my favourite so far. I wanted to put poppy seeds in it but I couldn’t be bothered looking for them last night since I’d just spent over 2 hours assembling our new coffee and end tables.

I also thought I would try to microwave it because it was getting late and I wanted something fast. It works, but the texture is almost like bread. I just didn’t want to turn on the oven last night for 1 little cake. Last time I was already baking something so it was okay, I just put the little ramekin in with it.

Oh, and my friend did try to use peach puree but the result was the same as my raspberry cakes. It was gooey in the middle and any chunks of peaches that were left sunk to the bottom. She said it was yummy though. The puree’s appear to be too heavy for this cake mix. They work much better with regular boxed cake mix. Pumpkin puree mixed with spice cake mix is a good one - we’ll get to that when Autumn comes around.


Here's what my scant 1/3 cup looks like.

Here's my raspberry flop cake (lol). Delicious and really pretty, but gooey in the middle.

Individual Lemon Angel Food Cakes
Makes 1 serving

Ingredients
  • 38grams angel food cake mix (a scant 1/3 cup)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1 tablespoon cold water
Directions
  1. Spray a ramekin lightly with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 400F if you’re going to bake this.
  2. Mix everything together with a fork and pour it into the ramekin.
  3. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm and no longer sticky.
  4. If you’re using the microwave, make sure the batter doesn’t go more than half way up the ramekin. Let it go on high for 60 seconds. It’ll puff up but when you open the door it will deflate again. Make sure your ramekin is big enough to handle the puff. Or use a mug!
  5. So what’s next? How about a doughnut flavoured angel food cake? I’m going to add some nutmeg to the cake mix and make a quick glaze with icing sugar.

Comments

Popular Posts