Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Chicken and Mushrooms with Corn

I bought a thingy of sliced mushrooms at Costco the other day, so if you noticed a lot of mushrooms around here lately, that's the reason. I doubt I'll ever buy mushrooms from there again because you really have to either have a giant family, or eat them with every meal until they're gone. Anyway, I love mushrooms so I'll work with it this time.

Last night I was trying to come up with something quick to take to work today, and I didn't really feel like cooking, but I had no choice. It was either cook, or take a frozen entree, and I wasn't in the mood for one of those either.

Here's what I came up with. 


Chicken and Mushrooms with Corn
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 2 cups chopped cremini or button mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup corn kernels
  • 8oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
  • 1/2 cup chunky salsa (I used store-bought - mild)
  • 8 teaspoons fat free sour cream
  • 1 small tomato, diced
  • 1 scallion, chopped
  • 4 whole wheat tortillas
Directions
  1. Set the stove to medium high and spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Saute the onions, mushrooms and corn (I cut mine off the cob, but I'm sure frozen would be fine) for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until they start to brown. Stir in the chicken and cook for 6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
  2. Stir in the salsa and allow to heat through.
  3. Serve on tortillas with sour cream, chopped tomatoes and scallions. (I forgot to take a picture of my tortilla all put together at lunch time.)

Comments

Popular Posts