Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

2 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins

It's technically 3 ingredients if you include the pumpkin seeds on top, but they are optional! It really doesn't get any easier than this. These Pumpkin Spice Muffins are delicious! 

I saw somewhere that the canned pumpkin mixed with devil's food cake works out to be like a brownie. I'm definitely trying that next time! I LOVE brownies! Don't you?

I froze the rest of the canned pumpkin. You can measure it out first and write it on the bag. The recipe called for a 15oz can, but I couldn't find that size. That works out to a little less than 2 cups, but I wasn't about to try and measure 1.875 cups.







Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Adapted from 
Allrecipes.com
Makes 22 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 box spice cake mix
  • 2 cups canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 4 teaspoons pumpkin seeds (optional)
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line 22 muffin tins with paper liners. I suppose you could make your muffins a bit larger, but then your points value will go up of course.
  2. In a large bowl, mix the cake mix and pumpkin together. At first I was unsure about this recipe, because the pumpkin seemed a little thick. I was mixing and it really wasn't coming together. But after mixing some more, it finally turned into a thick batter.
  3. Use a large cookie scoop to divide the batter among the paper liners, then flatten it in the middle a little. Sprinkle a few seeds on top and bake for 15 minutes. Don't over cook these, they may end up dry. Test them after 13 minutes and if the tester comes out clean, remove them from the oven. They're nice and moist on the inside despite looking a little dry on the outside.


LINKING TO


&

Gooseberry Patch : Pumpkin Recipe Roundup

Comments

  1. Love this 2 ingredient muffin :) Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts