Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Black Bean Soup

This black bean soup is fast and easy. I had some left over roasted tomatoes in the fridge as well as left over canned black beans that I used on my salad the day before.

I should mention that my 2 year old LOVED this soup. It's something to keep in mind when I don't feel like cooking meat.


V To veganize this recipe, use veggie stock.

Black Bean Soup
Makes 2 servings

Ingredients
  • 1 teaspoon avocado oil
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 1/2 cups black beans with brine, divided
  • 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/3 cup roasted or grilled diced tomatoes (or about 1 1/2 cups canned)
  • 1/3 cup canned corn, drained
Directions
Fry the onions and garlic in oil in a non-stick pot over medium heat until golden. About 3 minutes.
Transfer the onions and garlic to a blender and add 3/4 cup black beans, broth and spices. Puree until smooth and return to the pot.
Add the diced tomatoes (including any juices), corn and the rest of the beans. Give it a good stir.
Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
You could serve this with sour cream and cheddar.

Linking To

You may also like
- Black Bean Soup with Chipotle and Toasted Cumin Seed Sour Cream
- South Beach Diet Black Bean Soup

Comments

Popular Posts