Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Veal and Zucchini Mini Burgers

You wouldn't believe how much flavour you can add to your ground meat just by adding a packet of onion soup mix! I used Lipton brand. I'm not sure if other brands use such large pieces of dehydrated onion.

And of course, I added veggies to these mini burgers. I served them on lettuce but you can find slider buns all over the place these days. Only 4 ingredients in this recipe. It doesn't get any easier!

Whatever you do, you should know that adding salt to this recipe would be a bad idea. Onion soup mix has more than enough of it. 


Veal and Zucchini Mini Burgers
Makes 12 mini burgers

Ingredients
  • 1lb lean ground veal (or beef)
  • 1 packet dried onion soup mix
  • 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar
  • 1 zucchini, grated and gently squeezed
Directions
  1. Use your hands to combine all of the ingredients well. Shape into 12 balls and flatten them to about 1/2". They'll get fatter and shrink while they cook.
  2. Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat (closer to medium) and add a bit of cooking spray (or oil if you wish).
  3. Place the little burgers into the pan (maybe 6 at a time depending on the size of your pan) and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through.
  4. I served mine on lettuce with some tzatziki (that I found in the fridge), avocado and tomato.
Linking to
at Carole's Chatter

Comments

  1. Jennifer, yummo! Thanks for stopping by and linking in. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts