Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Robin Hood Chocolate Chip Cookies

I like recipes from Robin Hood. And who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies? Here's a good one for you to try!


Robin Hood Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Robin Hood Flour

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
  2. Cream butter, sugars, egg and vanilla together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
  3. Sift flour, baking soda and salt into the butter and sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Drop by spoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to wire racks.


Comments

  1. Would you say these are chewy or crispy? I just threw my recipe out, it had honey in it, and the last couple of batches just didn't taste right, On the lookout for a replacement, I like chewy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I would describe these as soft but not in a chewy sort of way, a little bit more on the cakey side. If that makes sense. If you like chewy you’ll probably want to try this one first http://jennys-cookbook.blogspot.ca/2011/07/best-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe.html ! Good luck. I’m a fan of chewy too! Although I’ve been sold on crisp as well now that I’ve made Chocolate Chip Rugelach http://jennys-cookbook.blogspot.com/2011/10/chocolate-chip-rugelach-cookies.html . Although it’s a bit more work than your average chocolate chip cookie. Totally worth the effort though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts