Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

My Mom's Apple Kuchen



My mom isn't a big baker, but this Apple Kuchen is one of the things she used to make most often and she made it well. Now, I rarely see her bake anything. I don't know where I got my sweet tooth from! It obviously wasn't from her. Her favourite thing to eat is steak.

We usually use McIntosh apples for this recipe.



My Mom's Apple Kuchen
Makes 12-15 squares

Ingredients
For the Cake
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 squeeze of lemon juice
  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 6 baking apples, peeled and sliced
For the Topping
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1 cup butter
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet (9x13 should be okay) by greasing and flouring it. You cold also line it with parchment but my mom doesn't.
  2. Mix all the cake ingredients (except cinnamon and apples) together with a wooden spoon until well combined.
  3. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Evenly place apples over the batter then sprinkle the apples with cinnamon. The apples can be touching or overlapping slightly.
  4. By hand, mix the topping ingredients until crumbly then sprinkle over the apples.
  5. Bake for 45-55 minutes. The edges will be golden but the bottom won't be so don't be tempted to take it out early. Cover it with a clean tea towel. I like it completely cool but you could serve it warm. It's even better the next day. We don't even bother to take it out of the pan. Just keep it covered with the towel until you've eaten it all.
Linking To Gooseberry Patch : Old Fashioned Recipes


Comments

  1. Jenny

    I need to put kuchen on my Baking Bucket List. I have seen several recipes and they seem to catch my eye.

    Yea for your Mom ... Eat Beef! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts