Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Baked Cake Doughnuts (donuts)

This was actually the first doughnut I tried to make with my new mini doughnut pan. I brought them to work the next day to get rid of them so I wouldn't eat them all myself. They were okay but a bit chewy. Everyone still seemed to enjoy them! Still, they were very cute.





Baked Cake Doughnuts (donuts)
Adapted from That Skinny Chick can bake
Makes about 48 mini doughnuts

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup 2% milk + 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or 3/4 cup buttermilk)
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • fresh squeezed beet juice or food colouring (optional)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425F and spray your doughnut pan with cooking spray.
  2. Add the lemon juice to the milk and let it sit for about 10 minutes, or just use buttermilk (I didn't have any).
  3. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add the wet ingredients and stir just to combine. I found it a bit sticky.
  4. I used the suggestion of cutting the tip off a Ziploc bag and piping the dough into the pan. It works much better than a spoon! Fill them about half way up, any more and you risk losing the hole.
  5. I used a mini pan, 5-6 minutes of baking was enough. They will spring back at you when you touch them.
  6. Let them cook for a few minutes in the pan then remove them to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
  7. I dipped mine in melted chocolate and added some sprinkles.
And of course I plan to make more doughnuts! Here are some recipes I have my eye on.

Chocolate Donuts from Chocolate, Chocolate and More - Tim Hortons copy cat type recipe. The recipe calls for frying but I'm going to try to bake them on a cookie sheet.

Glazed Blueberry Donuts with a Lemon Glaze by mom advice - This is a recipe for baked cake doughnuts.

Apple Pie Donuts also by mom advice - I bet these smell amazing. They sure look delicious!

Orange Glazed Blueberry Doughnuts by Gingerbread Bagels - Mmm!

Baked Red Velvet Donuts by Crumbs and Chaos - These would be great for Valentine's Day!

Elf Donuts - These are so cute, and no baking required! All you need is Cheerios or another doughnut shaped cereal! Do a Google search for "Elf Donuts" and you'll come up with a bunch of decorating ideas.

Comments

  1. Do you think that using a flavoured syrup instead of the straight sugar in the donuts might add some extra je-ne-sais-pas? Torani has over 50 flavours that you could potential make the donuts in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts