Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Extra Buttery Lemon Cranberry Scones

I made a huge mistake when I made these scones. I doubled the butter by accident. Oops! That's a lot of butter! They were still delicious, just more of a cookie texture.

The original recipe called for 3/4 cups butter. I don't know what I was thinking when I cut off a 1 3/4 cup chunk. Still, yum yum yum! Next time I'll pay more attention to the butter.






Extra Buttery Lemon Cranberry Scones
Adapted from Better than takeout.
Makes 24 Scones

Ingredients
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 3/4 cups unsalted butter, cut into chunks
  • 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
  • 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
  2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt in a large bowl. Add cold butter and cut it in with a pastry cutter (or your hands) until crumbly.
  3. Add cranberries.
  4. Add cream and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. If it's too dry, add more cream a little at a time until it comes together.
  5. Divide dough into 4 balls. Flatten each ball to about 3/4" thickness. Use a sharp knife and cut each round in half. Cut each half in 3 pieces. You'll end up with 24 scones.
  6. Transfer the scones to a wire rack.
  7. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Brush over the scones. If you do this directly on the baking sheet the drips will burn. Transfer the scones to the baking sheet and bake for about 18 minutes or until golden.
Tips:
  1. I meant to sprinkle some turbinado sugar on them before I baked them but I forgot. I couldn't stop thinking about the butter.

Comments

Popular Posts