Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

I've been looking for a recipe like this forever. I used a large cookie scoop to make them but I think they would have turned out even better if they were smaller. These are delicious and chewy. I had to improvise though. When I went to make them I found I didn't have enough butter, so I used margarine and I didn't have enough semi sweet chocolate chips so I use a mix of semi sweet and peanut butter chips. This really is the best chewy cookie recipe I've used so far! It's a keeper!




About 25 cookies

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cold margarine (or 1/4lb cold butter cut into chunks)

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 large egg, at room temperature, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips


Directions
Sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream margarine and both sugars on low speed for about 3 minutes. At first, you'll look at it and think it will never come together, but it will I promise. Just hang in there.

Add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat on low speed just for a few seconds until well combined.

Add dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until combined.

With a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chips.

Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour in the bowl.

Preheat over to 350F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. I like to put my rack one notch above the middle. I guess you have to get to know your own oven, but if I put mine any lower, the bottoms will burn before it's time to remove the cookies.

Use a cookie scoop and place scoops of dough 2" apart on the cookie sheet. If you're using a large scoop, flatten the balls slightly. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your cookies. Just until the edges turn golden. The middle should still look slightly undercooked.

Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Don't leave them on the cookie sheet or they'll over cook. Repeat the process with remaining dough. Store in an airtight container. I also like to freeze cookies like this. Yum yum!

Tip: If you're using unsalted butter instead of margarine, be sure to add 1/2 teaspoon salt to your dry ingredient mix.

Original recipe from Words to Eat By. You should visit this blog, it's very entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment