Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

I've been looking for a recipe like this forever! I used a large cookie scoop to make them but I think they would have turned out even better if they were smaller.

These are delicious and chewy!



The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Original recipe from Words to Eat By
Makes about 25 cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (if you're using unsalted butter)
  • 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 large egg, at room temperature, lightly beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream butter and both sugars on low speed for about 3 minutes. At first, you'll look at it and think it will never come together, but it will I promise. Just hang in there.
  3. Add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat on low speed just for a few seconds until well combined.
  4. Add dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until combined.
  5. With a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chips.
  6. Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour in the bowl.
  7. Preheat over to 350F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. I like to put my rack one notch above the middle. I guess you have to get to know your own oven, but if I put mine any lower, the bottoms will burn before it's time to remove the cookies.
  8. Use a cookie scoop and place scoops of dough 2" apart on the cookie sheet. If you're using a large scoop, flatten the balls slightly. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your cookies - just until the edges turn golden. The middle should still look slightly under-cooked.
  9. Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Don't leave them on the cookie sheet or they'll over cook. Repeat the process with remaining dough.
  10. Store in an airtight container. I also like to freeze cookies like this. Yum yum!

Comments

Popular Posts