Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Cracker Crusted Pork Chops with Mango Salsa

Here's a great recipe for cracker crusted pork chops with mango salsa. This was so yummy! 

You can use Ritz crackers in your breading mixture, but I used something similar called mini kids buttery crackers. The flavour is the same. Even my 10 month old loved this dinner, especially the asparagus and salsa.



Cracker Crusted Pork Chops with Mango Salsa
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
For the Salsa
  • 2 ripe mangoes, diced
  • 1/2 sweet bell pepper (any colour), diced
  • 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
  • 1/3 cup chopped parsley (or cilantro if you like it)
  • 1 plum tomato, diced
  • juice of 2 limes
  • salt
  • pepper
For the Pork Chops
  • 4 pork loin chops (about 1/2" thick)
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 3/4 cup crushed butter crackers (use your hands to do the job)
  • olive oil for frying
Directions
Salsa
  1. Mix all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Pork Chops
  1. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Dip the chops in the egg and then coat with cracker crumbs.
  2. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a nonstick pan on medium heat. Fry the pork chops for about 7 minutes on one side or until golden, then flip and cook on the other side until cooked through, about another 7 minutes depending on how thick your chops are.
Looking for more PORK recipes? Click Here!

Tip: I served mine with steamed vegetables. You can use any type of cracker you like for this. I don't have any crackers of my own at the moment so I stole some from my kid's stash. Mini butter crackers. I will try it with crushed cheddar Goldfish next time. Also, you could add some minced jalapeno, I didn't think my little ones would appreciate the heat so I left it out.

Comments

  1. What a nice pork chop recipe, so bet the kids would eat this too. Thanks for the recipes to try, look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds a great pork dish. Tomorrow Food on Friday is all about pork. It would be great if you popped by and linked this in. Cheers

    Ps I am following you and hope that, if you like my blog, you will follow Carole's Chatter too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you linked in. I sorted out the links for you. Unfortunately Mr Linky is very unclear in his instructions! Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts